The NORWEX mission is to improve quality of life by radically reducing the use of chemicals in personal care and cleaning. This blog is made up of helpful information, tips and some amazing facts. Enjoy!



Monday, November 8, 2010

Self-Cleaning Ovens - Manual Warnings

I had heard somewhere that some "Self-Cleaning" Oven manuals recommended you NOT USE the Self-Cleaning cycle if there were nesting birds in the area? So, I decided to pull out the manual for my Frigidaire Self-Cleaning Gas Oven to see what it said. Here is what I found:

(click on image to enlarge)

Huh ... and I thought it was just a bit of fear mongering. I'm curious what other Self-Cleaning Oven manuals say.

Once vented to the outside the fumes are diffused and are therefore less concentrated - but it does make you wonder. No surprize I never liked being on the same floor as my oven when it was in the self cleaning mode....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...